ResearcherID - CLICK HERE

TITLE:

A DEMONSTRATIVE RESEARCH TO ASSESS THE LABORATORY AND CLINICAL FEATURES OF THE MEASLES AFFECTED ADULTS ALONG WITH THEIR COMPLEXITIES

AUTHORS:

Dr Abdullah Sarwer, Dr Nida Rasheed, Dr Wajeeha Iqbal

ABSTRACT:

Objective: The main objective of the study was to identify the patients of measles according to their clinical and laboratory results as well as their complexities. Methods: The study arranged was of demonstrative type. The study was arranged at Mayo Hospital, Lahore from January 2017 to July 2017. In the study, many cases were identified suffering from Measles. The analysis was based on medical reports of the patients. These medical reports were further confirmed by identifying the Anti-measles Immunoglobin M antibodies. Results: Total 50 patients were observed during the study in which 41 patients were females. The average age of the patients was (25.52 ± 4.07) years. We can identify the disease by following signs: High temperature and itchiness in 100% patients, depression in 98%, cough in 96%, nuisance in 88%, and pain in the throat in 72% patients. Some other signs of the disease were also observed such as Koplik acne, lymphadenopathy and hepatomegaly in 6%, 12%, and 4% sufferers considerably. Two most significant enzymes were also identified during the study of the patients which were Thrombocytopenia and eminent liver enzymes. These were identified in 52% and 44% sufferers of the disease. It was also noticed that the most frequently found complexity among patents was Pneumonia. Other complexities found among patients were bronchitis in 10% and laryngotracheitis in 12% sufferers. Of the overall patients, 18% showed otitis media. Out of 30% expecting females, early birth of baby occurs in 4% and spur-of-the-moment abortion in 6% females. Conclusion: Measles continues to be a significant health hazard. Effective actions should be adopted to eradicate it. Keywords: Measles, Adults, Complication, Pregnancy.

FULL TEXT

Top
  • Follows us on
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.