ResearcherID - CLICK HERE

TITLE:

A STUDY ON THE VARIATION OF SEASON ON ACUTE POISONING AMONG CHILDREN

AUTHORS:

Dr Sara Akram, Dr. Muhammad Azeem Busharat, Dr Ayesha Rehman

ABSTRACT:

Abstract: Objective: The most frequent emergency in the unit of children is AP (Acute Poisoning). This was a retroactive research work to determine the variation of season on AP among children in the pediatric ward of Allied Hospital, Faisalabad. Methodology: The research work carried out in Allied Hospital, Faisalabad from March 2017 to January 2019. We studied the patients to determine the variations of seasons and other remaining other epidemiological as well as other clinical factors. There were total 193 patients in this research work and we divided the patients into 4 groups. The occurrence and kind of the acute poisoning were under observation in the seasons of winter, summer, rain & spring. Results: There were total one hundred and ninety-three (4.70%) patients suffering from the acute poisoning and they got admission in the hospital for treatment were the part of this research work. Total 55.40% (n: 107) patients were male & remaining 44.60% (n: 86) patients were female. The most vulnerable affected group of age was consisting the patients from one to three years of age. The most frequent utilized ingredient was kerosene. The patients of acute poisoning were very common in the season of summer. Total rate of mortality was 4.70%. Conclusion: The results of this research work concluded that poisoning was much frequent in the season of summer and the most common utilized ingredient was kerosene. This was because of the presence of the kerosene & in the durations of months of summer, children with thirst took this ingredient which was available in hidden places sometimes in bottles of drinks or in the bottles of mineral water. This is very necessary for parents to keep these ingredients away from the reach of children and in hidden containers. Keywords:Variation, Acute Poisoning, Children, Morbidity, Occurrence, Observation, Acute, Mineral, Ingredient, Kerosene.

FULL TEXT

Top
  • Follows us on
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.