Volume : 08, Issue : 11, November – 2021
23.STABILITY INDICATING METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF FEXOFENADINE HYDROCHLORIDE IN BULK AND ITS PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM BY USING RP-HPLC
D.Chinababu, K. Supraveena*, L. Siva Shankar Reddy, C. Madhusudhana Chetty, N. Madan Gopal
A simple, rapid and accurate method was developed for the determination of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC method using C18 column [4.6×250mm,5μm] in binary gradient mode. The mobile phase consisted of methanol and water in the ratio of 80:20 v/v. The flow rate was maintained at 1.2 mL/min and wavelength was maintained at 220 nm. The column oven temperature was maintained at 40°c. The retention time of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride was attained at 2.96 min. The method was linear over the concentration range from 7.5-40μg/mL and R2 was found to be 0.999. The intraday and interday precision %RSD values were obtained <2.0. The LOD and LOQ were attained at 0.603 and 1.829μg/mL respectively. The accuracy results of the method was obtained 98.37-99.84% at different levels of concentrations. The method was proved as robust after deliberately changed parameters of flow rate, mobile phase composition, temperature and wavelength. The method was shown ability to words different stress conditions of acid, base, peroxide and UV-Light. The method was used for routine analysis of Fexofenadine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form.
Key Words: Fexofenadine hydrochloride, RP-HPLC, Methanol, Stability studies.
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press K. Supraveena et al, Stability Indicating Method Development and Validation of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Its Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by Using RP-HPLC, Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2021; 08(11)..
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Nimje H.M, Shital T.Nimje, Oswal R.J and Bhamre S.T. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for estimation of Fexofenadine hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical formulation. Journal of chemistry, 2012,9(12):1257-1265.
2. Hitesh Vekaria, Vipul Lambasiya, Piyush Patil. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Montelukast sodium and Fexofenadine hydrochloride in combined dosage form.2103, 6(1): 134-139.
3. Saeed Arayne M, Najma Sultana, Hina Shehnaz, Amir Haider. RP-HPLC method for the quantitative determination of Fexofinadine hydrochloride in coated tablets and human serum. Medicinal chemistry research, 2011,20: 55-61.
4. Narender Malothu, Tejaswini Paladuguru, Padmalatha Katamaneni. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for determination of Fexofinadine in pharmaceutical dosage form by using levocetrizine as an internal standard. International journal of pharmacy and biological sciences.2018, 8(3):619-625.
5. Sherejad Sanam, Shamin Nahar, Nazmus Saqueeb and S.M. Abdur. A validated RP-HPLC method for force degradation studies of Fexofenadine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018, 7(1):43-50.
6. Oliveira D C, Weigch A, Rolim C M B. Simple and reliable HPLC analysis of Fexofenadine hydrochloride in tablets and its application to dissolution studies. 2007, 62(2): 96-100.
7. Mona Pankhaniya, Parula Patel, shah J.S. Stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous determination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine hydrochloride.2013, 75(3): 284-290.
8. Rajamathi P, Chenthilnathan A and Sathish babu A. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the quantitative determination of Fexofenadine hydrochloride in tablet dosage form. Pharma Research Library.
9. Breier A.R, Steppe M, Schapoval E.E.S. Validation of UV spectrophotometric method for Fexofenadine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical formulations and comparison with HPLC. 2007, 40(12): 2329-2337.
10. Hadir M Maher, Maha A Sultana and lleana V Olah. Development of validated stability-indicating chromatographic method for the determination of Fexofenadine hydrochloride and its related impurities in pharmaceutical tablets. BMC Chemistry. 2011,5:76.
11. ICH Q2(R1) validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology, Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization, November,2005.