Volume : 09, Issue : 07, July – 2022
16.KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PRACTICE OF NURSES TOWARD DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND ITS IMPACT ON HUMAN BODY IN MAYO HOSPITAL, LAHORE
Alia Islam Choudhary, Sana Qayyum, Sidra Batool
Background: People who did not walk for so long or remain inactive for a long period of time, clotting of blood start forming in human body. Due to these blood clots, people cannot move and continues their daily activities. This disease is known as Thrombosis or vein thrombosis. It generates problems during their lives.
Objective: Nurses are not properly aware with this disease and due to incomplete knowledge they cannot make precautionary measures to prevent from this disease. Different number of studies held in Lahore hospital to given knowledge about complete or partial thrombosis of veins specially of leg veins.
Methods: A proper well planned study held at different hospitals of Lahore where nurses were studying and working. Different type of sessions has taken a several types of questionnaire asked to them to collect the correct data. After analyzing the data, results were made.
Results: From 423 nurses, about 401 nurses were agree to take part in this study. 95.78% of nurses was agree to take part. About 40.5% was having some knowledge about vein thrombosis. 43% of total nurses was having good practice of treating vein thrombosis and 56% of nurses were not having complete or good knowledge about it.
Conclusion: In conclusion, about 50% of nurses was not having proper knowledge about it and was not having adequate practice of vein thrombosis treatment. So it was decided that they should be properly guide and proper practicing for the treatment of thrombosis should be given to them.
Key words: Vein thrombosis, Practicing of nurses, DVT, Immobility of patients.
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Alia Islam Choudhary et al, Knowledge, Experience And Practice Of Nurses Toward Deep Vein Thrombosis And Its Impact On Human Body In Mayo Hospital, Lahore., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(7).,
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Yohannes, S., Abebe, T., Endalkachew, K., & Endeshaw, D. (2022). Nurses’ Knowledge, Perceived Practice, and their Associated Factors regarding Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention in Amhara Region Comprehensive Specialized Hospitals, Northwest Ethiopia, 2021: A Cross-Sectional Study. Critical Care Research and Practice, 2022.
2. Khodier, D. I. R., Mahmoud, F. H., Hakeim, E. H. A., & Mohamed, S. A. A. (2022). ASSESSMENT OF NURSES’KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE REGARDING PREVENTION OF DEEP VENOUS THROMBOSIS AMONG HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS WITH COVID-19. ASSESSMENT, 5(2), 101-123.
3. Hussein Amin, G., Hamed Mahmoud, M., & Sobhy Omran, E. (2022). Effect of An Educational Program on Nurses’ Performance regarding Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism among Critically Ill Patients. Journal of Nursing Science Benha University, 3(1), 225-272.
4. Malk, R. N., Fahem, E. M., Hassan, H. E., Abouda, A., & Soultan, A. Efficacy of Training Program on Nurses Performance regarding Preventive Measures of Venous Thromboembolism among Critical Pregnant Women.
5. Alhomayani, F. K., Alsukhayri, D. A., Alnemari, S. M., Al-thubaiti, S. W., Alosaimi, M. M., & Alzahrani, K. T. (2022). Awareness level of deep vein thrombosis the general population living in the Western region of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care, 11(5), 1721-1727.
6. R Mousa, B., E Mahdy, N., Mahmoud, S. F., & G Mohamed, M. (2022). Risk Factors for Deep Venous Thrombosis among Patients Admitted to Vascular Unit. Egyptian Journal of Health Care, 13(2), 270-286.
7. Li, Y., & Xiao, F. (2022). Preventive Effect of Intensive Nursing Intervention of Deep Vein Thrombosis of Lower Extremities in Elderly Patients with Gastrointestinal Tumors after Surgery. Journal of Oncology, 2022.
8. Chen, J., Wen, Y., Jin, L., Peng, J., & Ji, J. (2022). Effect of Clinical Nursing Pathway Intervention Based on Evidence-Based Medicine on Venous Thrombosis in Long-Term Bedridden Patients. Journal of Healthcare Engineering, 2022.
9. Kiflie, A. M., Mersha, A. T., Workie, M. M., Admass, B. A., Ferede, Y. A., & Bizuneh, Y. B. (2022). Assessment of knowledge, attitude, practice and associated factors of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis among health professionals. A cross sectional study. International Journal of Surgery Open, 39, 100436.
10. Li, X., Liu, J., Cui, S., Jian, T., Ma, S., Shi, L., … & Kan, B. (2022). Development and validation of a prediction model of deep venous thrombosis for patients with acute poisoning following hemoperfusion: a retrospective analysis. Journal of International Medical Research, 50(4), 03000605221089779.
11. Irmak, B., KARADAĞ, M., & Emre, N. Y. (2022). The Risk Factors for Preoperative and Postoperative Deep Vein Thrombosis in Surgical Patients. Clinical and Experimental Health Sciences, 12(1), 120-127.
12. Luo, Z., Yang, Q., Tang, M., & Fan, C. (2022). The Role of Establishing Neurosurgical Specialist Nurse Working Group in the Recovery and Prevention of Negative Psychological Emotion after Meningioma Surgery. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging, 2022.
13. Li, D., Wang, L., Li, Z., Li, L., Wang, Q., Zhang, L., & Guo, Z. (2022). Application of CT Scan in Diagnosis of Iliac-Femoral Vein Thrombosis after Hip Replacement. Scanning, 2022.
14. Xiong, J., Zhang, Q., & Li, Y. (2022). Clinical Study of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation in the Prevention of Deep Venous Thrombosis of Lower Extremities after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Journal of Healthcare Engineering, 2022.
15. Sakai, K., Takahira, N., Tsuda, K., & Akamine, A. (2022). A novel device for lower leg intermittent pneumatic compression synchronized with active ankle exercise for prevention of deep vein thrombosis. Phlebology, 02683555221089618.
16. Hu, J., Geng, Y., Ma, J., Dong, X., Fang, S., & Tian, J. (2022). The best evidence for the prevention and management of lower extremity deep venous thrombosis after gynecological malignant tumor surgery: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. Frontiers in Surgery, 9.
17. Bistervels, I. M., Bavalia, R., Beyer‐Westendorf, J., ten Cate‐Hoek, A. J., Schellong, S. M., Kovacs, M. J., … & Hokusai PTS Investigators. (2022). Postthrombotic syndrome and quality of life after deep vein thrombosis in patients treated with edoxaban versus warfarin. Research and Practice in Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 6(5), e12748.