Volume : 09, Issue : 06, June – 2022
09.FORMULATION AND EVALUATION FAST DISSOLVING SUBLINGUAL FILMS OF TICAGRELOR
Sweety Vishwakarma, Dr. Shailendra Bindaiya, Dr. Shailendra Lariya
Ticagrelor is a P2Y12 platelet inhibitor used in patients with a history of myocardial infarction or with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) to prevent future myocardial infarction, stroke and cardiovascular death. Ticagrelor is used to prevent a serious or life-threatening heart attack or stroke, or death in people who have had a heart attack or who have acute coronary syndrome (ACS; blockage of blood flow to the heart). The objective of this work is to prepare and evaluate fast dissolving sublingual films containing Ticagrelor. Formulation F3 showed the least disintegration time of 8±1sec. Formulations containing only Sodium starch glycolate, Crospovidone and Cross carmellose sodium showed minimum disintegration time of 8±1sec sec select as optimized formulation. The most important criteria of present work are to that dosage form should be dissolved within few seconds. The incorporation of super disintegrating agent to minimizes the disintegrating time.
Key words:Ticagrelor, sublingual films, Formulation, Evaluation
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in pressSweety Vishwakarmaet al,Formulation And Evaluation Fast Dissolving Sublingual Films Of Ticagrelor.,Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(6).,
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Prabhu SC, Parsekar HD, Shetty A, Monteiro SS, Azharuddin M and Shabaraya AR. A Review on Fast Dissolving Sublingual Films for Systemic Drug Delivery. Int J Pharm &Chem Sci 2014; 3(2): 482-496.
2. Dixit RP, Puthli S. Oral strip technology: Overview and future potential. J of Cont Rel 2009; 139: 94–107.
3. Thakur N, Bansal M, Sharma N, Yadav G and khare P. Overview A Novel Approach of Fast Dissolving Films and Their Patients. Adv in Bio Res 2013; 7(2): 50-58.
4. Kumar RK and Mercy SM. Fast Dissolving Film: A Unique Strategy for Drug Delivery Asian J. Pharm. Res 2014; 4(1): 47-55.
5. Patil SL, Mahaparale PR, Shivnikar MA, Tiwari SS, Pawar KV,Sane PN. Fast Dissolving Oral Films: An Innovative Drug Delivery System. Int J Res Rev Pharm App Sci 2014; 2(3): 482-496
6. Garsuch V, Breitkreutz J. Novel analytical methods for the characterization of oral wafers. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009; 73:195–201.
7. Boateng JS, Matthews KH, Auffret AD, Humphrey MJ, Stevens HNE, Eccleston GM. In vitro drug release studies of polymeric freeze-dried wafers and solvent-cast films using paracetamol as model soluble drug. Int J Pharm. 2009; 378:66–72.
8. Boateng JS, Auffret AD, Matthews KH, Humphrey MJ, Stevens HNE, Eccleston GM. Characterisation of freeze-dried wafers and solvent evaporated films as potential drug delivery system to mucosal surfaces. Int J Pharm. 2010; 389:24–31.
9. Abdelbary G, Eouani C, Prinderre P, Joachim J, Reynier J, Piccerelle P. Determination of the in vitro disintegration profile of rapidly disintegrating tablets and correlation with oral disintegration. Int J Pharm. 2005; 292:29–41.