Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
22.ISOLATION OF 50-CARBOXYCYANOCOBALAMIN AND 32-CARBOXYCYANOCOBALAMIN IMPURITIES FROM CYANOCOBALAMIN DRUG SUBSTANCE BY PREPARATIVE HPLC TECHNIQUE AND THEIR CHARACTERIZATION USING DIFFERENT SPECTROSCOPIC TECHNIQUES
*Hari Darshan Singh, *Dr. Rahul Kumar, *Ankush Bhardwaj, *Rahul Dev, *Dr. Anil Kumar
Cyanocobalamin is the synthetic form of Vitamin B12. It helps to prevent deficiency of B12 in the body. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells and also helps in absorption of iron in the body. A cost effective and high-throughput simple preparative LC method was developed with a runtime of 35 min for the isolation of the two process impurities 50-Carboxycyanocobalamin and 32-Carboxycyanocobalamin of cyanocobalamin drug substance by preparative LC. Since the impurity level was low in the sample, after trying several days, failed to enrich the impurity level by synthetic route. A thorough study has been undertaken to develop a preparative LC method to isolate and characterize these impurities by chromatographic and spectroscopic methods. The crude sample contains low level of the impurities, about 36% and 12% were isolated by preparative HPLC with a purity greater than 95%.
Keywords: Preparative LC (PREP), High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), USP monograph spectroscopy; Isolation; Identification and Characterization
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in Hari Darshan Singh et al, Isolation Of 50-Carboxycyanocobalamin And 32-Carboxycyanocobalamin Impurities From Cyanocobalamin Drug Substance By Preparative Hplc Technique And Their Characterization Using Different Spectroscopic Techniques, Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Bidlingmeyer, B.A., Editor, “Preparative Liquid Chromatography”, part of Journal of Chromatography Library, Volume 38, Elsevier Scientific Publishers, New York, 1987
2. Rosentreter, U., Huber, U., “Optimal Fraction Collection in Preparative LC-MS”, J. Comb. Chem, 2004
3. Alsante KM, Hatajik TD, Lohr LL, and Sharp TR. Isolation and identification of process related impurities and degradation products from pharmaceutical drug candidates. Part 1. American Pharmaceutical Review. 2001; 4(1):70–78.
4. Winger BE, Kemp CAJ. Characterization of pharmaceutical compounds and related substances by using HPLC FTICR-MS and tandem mass spectrometry. American Pharmaceutical Review. Summer issue 2001
5. A Practical Handbook of Preparative HPLC Author: Donald Wellings, Hardcover ISBN: 9781856174664, eBook ISBN: 9780080458854
6. CHROMATOGRAPHY: LIQUID | Large-Scale Liquid Chromatography, H. Colin, G.B. Cox, in Encyclopedia of Separation Science, 2000
7. IR Spectrum: Spectroscopy of Polymer Nanocomposites, 2016
8. J.R. Yates, A century of mass spectrometry: from atoms to proteomes. Nat. Methods 8(8), 633–637 (2011).
9. E. De Hoffmann, V. Stroobant, Mass Spectrometry: Principles and Applications, 3rd edn. (Wiley, 2007)
10. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology information Journal List / Nutrients/ v.2(3); 2010 Mar/ PMC3257642