Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
26.COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF RESPERIDONE MARKETED FORMULATION
Karan rajak, Mahendra kumar Sharma, kripal gurjar, Mahendra thakur, Madiha khan,Dr. Jagdish rathi, Pooja Malviya, Rahul sharma
The proposed method for the determination of resperidone in solid dosage form was found to be precise, Selective, rapid and economical.The proposed methods can be used for the drug analysis in routine quality control & method proves to be More economical than the published Standard methods. resperidone is a safe and effective new antipsychotic that has a high binding affinity for both serotonin and dopamine receptors.1 Several well-designed controlled clinical trials have been conducted to establish the antipsychotic efficacy of resperidone. In a previously published report we had mentioned the rationale for using a once-a-day dosage schedule for resperidone based on the elimination half-life of resperidone and its active metabolite, 9-hydroxyresperidone, to enhance compliance. Since that time, the use of resperidone once daily has been studied and recommended. In the setting of a community day treatment program, we had switched patients from a twice-a-day resperidone dosage schedule to a once-daily dosage and found it to be effective. In a retrospective chart review published earlier, we found no increase in side effects such as neuroleptic-induced extrapyramidal symptoms or sedation in patients taking once-daily resperidone. We found the once-daily dosage to be safe, and patient compliance was enhanced. We now report a retrospective chart review of patients who had been on once-daily resperidone treatment for an extended period of time. The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy, extrapyramidal side effects, and tolerability of resperidone in these patients over an extended period of time. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved indications for oral resperidone (tablets & oral solution) include the treatment of schizophrenia (in adults and children aged 13 and up), bipolar acute manic or mixed episodes as monotherapy (in adults and children aged 10 and up), bipolar acute manic or mixed episodes adjunctive with lithium or valproate (in adults), and autism- associated irritability (in children aged 5 and up). Also, the long-acting resperidone injection has been approved for the use of schizophrenia and maintenance of bipolar disorder (as monotherapy or adjunctive to valproate or lithium) in adults. There are also many varied non-FDA-approved uses for resperidone. This activity outlines the indications, mechanism of action, administration methods, significant adverse effects, contraindications, and monitoring, of resperidone, so providers can direct patient therapy in treating conditions for which it is indicated as part of the inter professional team.
KEYWORDS: Hardness, Friability, Thickness, Friability, brand
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in Karan rajak et al, Comparative Study Of Different Brands Of Resperidone Marketed Formulation., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Akunyili DN. Counter Faking Medicine: A serious crime against humanity. Proceedings of the Director general of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Nigeria to the European Parliament in Brussels, 2007; 1-7.
1. World Health Organization (WHO) model for essential medicines, 2015; 1- 43.
2. Leucht S, Cipriani A, Spineli L, Mavridis D, Orey D, Richter F, et al. Comparative efficacy and tolerability of 15 antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia: a multiple-treatments meta-analysis. Lancet, 2013; 382(9896): 951–62.
3. Hamilton R. Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2015 Deluxe Lab-Coat Edition. Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015; 434–435.
4. Reynolds JE. Anxiolytic sedatives, hypnotics and neuroleptics. Martindale: The Extra Pharmacopoeia (30th ed.). London: Pharmaceutical Press, 1993; 364–623.
5. Ukwueze SE, Rufus M. Quality assessment and invitro bioequivalence studies on some generic brands of fluconazole capsules commonly dispensed in Nigerian pharmacies. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2021; 10(4): 122-130.
6. British Pharmacopoeia. British Pharmacopoeia Commission. The Stationery Office, London 2016; 2: 2293 – 2296.
7. The United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary USP29–NF24. Rockville: The United States Pharmacopeia Convention, Inc, 2009; 2778.
8. Food and Drug administration (FDA). Centre for Drug Evaluation and Research: Guidance for industry: Dissolution testing of immediate release solid oral dosage forms, 1997; 6-8.
9. Remington JP, Gennaro AR. Remington’s pharmaceutical sciences. Easton, Pa: Mack Pub. Co, 1990; 441-443.
10. Yu L. Pharmaceutical quality by design: product and process development, understanding and control. Pharm Res, 2008; 25(4): 781-791.
11. Shah VP, Tsong Y, Sather P, Liu JP. In vitro dissolution profile comparison– statistics and analysis of the similarity factor, f2. Pharm Res, 1998 Jun; 15(6): 889-96.