Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
43.EVALUATION OF ANTI-HYPERLIPIDEMIC ACTIVITY OF LEAVES OF IXORA CHINENSIS IN ALBINO RATS
Rokalman Sireesha, Madhurima Yadav
Hyperlipidemia is a disorder of lipid metabolism manifested by increase of plasma concentrations of the various lipid and lipoprotein fractions such as increase of serum total cholesterol (TC), low-density lipoprotein (LDL), triglyceride (TG) concentrations, and a decrease in the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) concentration. Hyperlipidemia is the key risk factor for cardiovascular disorders and has been reported as the most common cause of death in developed as well as developing nations. And hence only in this approach, intention has been to evaluate the anti- hyperlipidemic and antioxidant activity of Ixora chinensis leaf extract on High fat diet-induced hypercholesterolemia and triton induced hyperlipidemia models. . It has been observed from our experimental research, there has been a remarkable and significant activity observed, against the anti-hyperlipidemic activity. Futuristic scope of this study will be extended to the investigation and isolation of the specific components responsible for antihyperlipidemic trait.
Keywords: Anti-hyperlipidemic activity, Leaves, ixora chinensis, Albino rats
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Madhurima Yadav et al, Evaluation Of Anti-Hyperlipidemic Activity Of Leaves Of Ixora Chinensis In Albino Rats., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
1. North shore pediatric therapy [Internet].2012 [cited 2013 Sep 10]. Available from: http://nspt4kids.com/health-topicsconditions/hyperlipidemia-2/.
2. World Health Organization [Internet].2008 [Updated 2013 Mar; cited 2013 Sep 10]. Available from: www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/.
3. Fedacko Jan ,Singh R, Chaithiraphan S,Vargova Viola, Tomlinson Brian, Meester Fabien, Gvozdjakova Anna, Moesgaard Sven.Clinical manifestations of adverse effects of Statins, oxidative stress and possible role of antioxidants in prevention. Open Nutraceuticals J.2010;3: 154-65.
4. Nobanita, B & Raj, S & Surendra, Venkata & Tigari, Prakash & Mudagal, Manjunatha & Goli, Divakar & Reddy, Surendra. (2017). Evaluation of Anti-hyperlipidemic activity of Hydroalcoholic extract of Ixora coccinea l. leaves on hyperlipidemic Wistar Albino Rats.
5. Swapnil SA, Anup BT, Shukla VJ, Ashok BK, Ravishankar B. Evaluation of anti-hyperlipidemic activity of Lekhana Basti in albino rats. Ayu. 2013 Apr;34(2):220-5.
6. Ansari B, Singh M, Sharma S, Choudhary B, Mohseen M. Preclinical anti Hyperlipidemic Effect of Herbalism Against lipid Elevating Agents: A Review. Biomed Pharmacol J 2020;13(4)
7. Mustapha Tacherfiout, Petar D. Petrov, Marco Mattonai, Erika Ribechini, Joan Ribot, M. Luisa Bonet, Bachra Khettal, Antihyperlipidemic effect of a Rhamnus alaternus leaf extract in Triton-induced hyperlipidemic rats and human HepG2 cells, Biomedicine Pharmacotherapy,Volume 101, 2018, Pages 501-509,
8. Maniyar, Yasmeen A. and Prabhulingayya Bhixavatimath. “Evaluation of the Hypoglycaemic and Hypolipidaemic Activities of the Aqueous Extract of the leaves of Ixora Coccinea Linn in Diabetic Rats.” (2011).
9. Sidhra Syed Zameer Ahmed, Syed Zameer Ahmed Khader, Krishnaveni Radhakrishnan, Vanmathi Marimuthu, Muniraj Chinnusamy, Venkatesan Thangavel, Karamchand Ravi, Manimaran Vetrivel,
10. Antiobesity and antihyperlipidemic effect of Ixora coccinea on Triton X-100 induced hyperlipidemia in rats: An approach to evaluate asymmetrical temperature distribution analysis using thermography, Chinese Herbal Medicines, Volume 11, Issue 3, 2019, Pages 326-331