Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
47.DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF RP-HPLC METHOD FOR THE SIMULTANEOUS ESTIMATION OF BILASTINE AND MONTELUKAST IN TABLET DOSAGE FORM
Bacha Nikhil, Dr. Sai Kiran
A simple and selective LC method is described for the determination of Bilastine and Montelukast in tablet dosage forms. Chromatographic separation was achieved on a Waters AcquityC18(50mm x2.1 mm ID) 1.8µm using mobile phase consisting of a mixture of 55 volumes of mixed Phosphate Buffer pH 3.5: Acetonitrile (75:25) %v/v with detection of 265nm. Linearity was observed in the range 20-60 µg/ml for Bilastine (r2 =0.9995) and 10-30 µg/ml for Montelukast (r2 =0.9997) for the amount of drugs estimated by the proposed methods was in good agreement with the label claim. From the above experimental results and parameters, it was concluded that, this newly developed method for the simultaneous estimation Bilastine and montelukast was found to be simple, precise, accurate and high resolution and shorter retention time makes this method more acceptable and cost effective and it can be effectively applied for routine analysis in research institutions, quality control department in meant in industries, approved testing laboratories studies in near future.
Keywords: Bilastine, Montelukast, RP‐HPLC, Simultaneous estimation.
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Sai Kiran et al, Development And Validation Of RP-HPLC Method For The Simultaneous Estimation Of Bilastine And Montelukast In Tablet Dosage Form., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
1. Wang XY, Lim-Jurado M, Prepageran N, Tantilipikorn P, Wang de Y: Treatment of allergic rhinitis and urticaria: a review of the newest antihistamine drug bilastine. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2016 Apr 13; 12:585-97.
2. Lucero ML, Arteche JK, Sommer EW, Casadesus A: Preclinical toxicity profile of oral bilastine. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012 Jun;35 Suppl 1:25-33.
3. Falk NP, Hughes SW, Rodgers BC: Medications for Chronic Asthma. Am Fam Physician. 2016 Sep 15;94(6):454-62.
4. Lu CY, Zhang F, Lakoma MD, Butler MG, Fung V, Larkin EK, Kharbanda EO, Vollmer WM, Lieu T, Soumerai SB, Chen Wu A: Asthma Treatments and Mental Health Visits After a Food and Drug Administration Label Change for Leukotriene Inhibitors. Clin Ther. 2015 Jun 1;37(6):1280-91.
5. Rana NS, Rajesh KS, Patel NN, Patel PR, Limbachiya U, Pasha TY. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Montelukast Sodium and Ebastine in Tablet Dosage Form. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2013;75(5):599-602.
6. Chandra, U. “Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for In-Vitro Dissolution Testing of Bilastine and Montelukast Sodium Tablets”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Vol. 13, no. 3, May 2021
7. Pardeshi P. P., Gaware V. M., Dhamak K. B. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Bilastine from bulk and Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(2):109-111.
8. Baokar Shrikrishna, Ranpise Nisharani. Analytical Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Montelukast and Ebastine by HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(1): Jan. 2015; Page 01-05.
9. Saloni Kothari, Nachiketa Pandya, Neetu Dharu3. Development and Validation of Analytical Methods for Simultaneous Estimation of Bilastine and Montelukast Sodium in Combined Tablet Dosage Form. International Journal of All Research Education and Scientific Methods.2021:9(4),2830
10. Vekaria, Hitesh & Limbasiya, Vipul & Patel, Piyush. (2013). Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine hydrochloride in combined dosage form. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 6. 134–139.
11. Amaresha S, Rakesh K Jhat. RP-UPLC method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of Montelukast and ebastine in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. Int. J. of Pharmacy and Analytical Research Vol-7(1) 2018 [96-105].
12. Kurra, Pallavi and Babu, Puttagunta, Validated uv spectroscopic method for estimation of Montelukast sodium from bulk and tablet formulations. International journal of medical sciences.2012;1(2):105-111.