Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
50.METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR ETHAMBUTOL AND ISONIAZID BY RP-HPLC PROCESS
Sameera Begum, M Ashok babu
A straightforward, Accurate, specific approach was created for the concurrent assessment of the Isoniazid and Ethambutol in Tablet dimension structure. Chromatogram was experienced Inertial ODS C185 m (4.6 x 250mm). Portable phase having Phosphate support and also Acetonitrile in the percentage of 30:70 was siphoned through segment at a stream pace of 1ml/min. Cradle made use of at pH 4.6. Temperature was stayed on top of at Ambient. Boosted regularity for Isoniazid as well as Ethambutol was 260nm. Maintenance period of Isoniazid and Ethambutol were considered as 2.395 minutes and also 3.906 min. The percentage merit of Isoniazid and Ethambutol was considered as 100.6 percentage and also 101.3 percentage independently. The framework appropriateness boundaries for Isoniazid and also Ethambutol, for example, theoretical plates and complying with element were deemed 1.3, 1012.4 and also 1.2, 1848.2 the objective was viewed as 9.0. The linearity research for Isoniazid and also Ethambutol was discovered in focus scope of 1μg-5μg as well as 100μg-500μg and also link coefficient (r2) was considered as 0.999 and also 0.999, percentage mean recuperation was considered as 100.1 percentage and 100.4 percentage, percentage RSD for repeatability was0.31 and 0.38, percentage RSD for middle of the road accuracy was 0.12 and 0.15 separately the accuracy study was precise, powerful and repeatable. LOD esteem was 2.94 as well as 3.03, and also LOQ esteem was 9.87 and 10.1 individually.
Keywords: Isoniazid, Ethambutol, RP-HPLC
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in Sameera Begum et al., Method Development And Validation For Ethambutol And Isoniazid By RP-HPLC Process., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
1. FDA Approved Drug Products: Myambutol (Ethambutol) Oral Tablet
2. Public Health Agency of Canada: Canadian Tuberculosis Standards 7th Edition
3. Goude R, Amin AG, Chatterjee D, Parish T: The arabinosyltransferase EmbC is inhibited by ethambutol in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009 Oct;53(10):4138-46. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00162-09. Epub 2009 Jul 13. (PubMed ID 19596878)
4. Amin AG, Goude R, Shi L, Zhang J, Chatterjee D, Parish T: EmbA is an essential arabinosyltransferase in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Microbiology (Reading). 2008 Jan;154(Pt 1):240-248. doi: 10.1099/mic.0.2007/012153-0. (PubMed ID 18174142)
5. Pym AS, Domenech P, Honore N, Song J, Deretic V, Cole ST: Regulation of catalase-peroxidase (KatG) expression, isoniazid sensitivity and virulence by furA of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Mol Microbiol. 2001 May;40(4):879-89. [Article]
6. Heym B, Alzari PM, Honore N, Cole ST: Missense mutations in the catalase-peroxidase gene, katG, are associated with isoniazid resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Mol Microbiol. 1995 Jan;15(2):235-45. [Article]
7. Wilson TM, de Lisle GW, Collins DM: Effect of inhA and katG on isoniazid resistance and virulence of Mycobacterium bovis. Mol Microbiol. 1995 Mar;15(6):1009-15. [Article]
8. Vilcheze C, Jacobs WR Jr: The mechanism of isoniazid killing: clarity through the scope of genetics. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2007;61:35-50. [Article]
9. Prasanthi B, Vijaya ratnar. S, Phani Ch. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of rifampicin, isoniazid and pyrazinamide in human plasma. J of Anal Chem.2015; 70(8):1015-1022.
10. Khuhawar M.Y, F. M. A. Rind, and A. D. Rajper. High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of isoniazid, pyrazinamide, and indomethacin in pharmaceutical preparations. Acta chromatographica. 2005; 15:205-207.
11. S.K. Dhal and R. Sharma. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide and Rifampicin in pharmaceutical Formulation. Chem. Anal. (Warsaw).2009; 54:1487.
12. Rohit Bhandari and Indu Pal Kaur, A Sensitive HPLC Method for Determination of Isoniazid in Rat Plasma, Brain, Liver and Kidney Chromatography Separation Techniques.J Chromat Separation Techniq. 2012; 3:3-7.
13. Suchada Jongrungruangchok, Thanapat Songsak. Validation of HPLC methods for determination of isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide, and ethambutol in fixed-dose combination antituberculosis. Bulletin of Health, Science and Technology.2015; 13(1): 17-28.
14. O. E Bouazzi, N. Badrane, F. Zalagh, R. Soulaymani Bencheikh, Bengueddour R. and L. Ait Moussa. Optimization and validation of rapid and simple method for determination of Isoniazid and Pyrazinamide in plasma by HPLC-UV. Journal of Chem and PharmaRes. 2016; 8(3):165- 169.
15. L.Ait Moussa, C. Khassouani, R.Soulaymani, M.Jana, G.Cassanas and R.Alric, et al. Therapeutic isoniazid monitoring using a simple high performance liquid chromatographic method with ultraviolet detection. J Chromatogr B 2002b; 766: 181–187.