Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
51.METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR FENOFIBRATE BY RP-HPLC METHOD
Kanchanapalli Madhuri, Shaheen begum
Develop a simple isocratic reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography (RPHPLC) method and validate for the determination of Fenofibrate in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. RPHPLC quantification was carried out using Zorbax C-18 column (5µm, 150cm 4.6mm, ID) with a mobile phase comprising phosphate buffer (pH 3.0) : Acetonitrile in the ratio of 30:70 (% v/v) at a flow rate of 1.0 ml/min. The detection was carried out using a diode array detector at 285 nm. The % of Assay was found to be within the limits of 99-101. The % Recovery for each level around 99.5. The retention time was found to be 19.268 min and produced a linear response in the concentration range of 1-500 µg/mL (R2~0.999). The % RSD was found to be below 2%. The LOD and LOQ were found to be 0.228µg/ml and 0.764µg/ml respectively. Validation of the method was performed for precision, accuracy, linearity, ruggedness, specificity and sensitivity to conform to the ICH guidelines for validation of an analytical method
Keywords: Fenofibrate, RP-HPLC
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Shaheen begum et al, Method Development And Validation For Fenofibrate By RP-HPLC Method., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
1. Balfour JA, McTavish D, Heel RC: Fenofibrate. A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties and therapeutic use in dyslipidaemia. Drugs. 1990 Aug;40(2):260-90. doi: 10.2165/00003495-199040020-00007. (PubMed ID 2226216)
2. Patel H, Rathod R and Dash RP: Simultaneous quantification of rosuvastatin and fenofibric acid by HPLC-UV in rat plasma and its application to pharmacokinetic study. Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies 2013; 5:87-92.
3. Zaman MT, Khan SA, Arora A and Ahmad O: Method development and validation of fenofibrate by HPLC using human plasma. Electronic Journal of Biomedicine 2009; 3:41-54.
4. Patel, Archita, Macwana, Parmar, Vishal Patel and Samir: Simultaneous determination of atorvastatin calcium, Ezetimibe, and Fenofibrate in a tablet formulation by HPLC. Journal of AOAC International Ingenta Connect 2012; 95(2):419-423.
5. Jain N, Raghuwanshi R and Deeti Jain: Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Atorvastatin calcium and Fenofibrate in tablet dosage forms. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2008; 70(2):263-265.
6. Lacroix PM, Brain A Dawson and Roger: HPLC methods for assay and purity and an NMR method for purity. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 2009; 18(3):42-47.
7. Bhamare PC, Bari SB, Natarajan S, Patil AA and Shirode PT: Development and validation of a precise stability indicating HPLC method for determinations of Metformin hydrochloride and Fenofibrate, in pure form and in pharmaceutical tablets. International Journal of Pharma Tech Research 2011; 3:505-515.
8. Anand Kumar Karunakaran, Vetsa Subhash, Ramu Chinthala and Jayamaryapan Muthuvijayan: Simultaneous estimation of Rosuvastatin calcium and Fenofibrate in bulk and tablet dosage form by UV spectrophotometry and RPHPLC. Stamford Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011; 4(1):58-64.
9. Kadav and Vora DN: Stability indicating UPLC method was developed and validated for the simultaneous determination of Atorvastatin, Fenofibrate and their impurities in tablets. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 2008; 48(I, 10):120-126.
10. Alaa Gindy, Samy Emara and Mostafa: Spectrophotometric and liquid chromatographic determination of Fenofibrate and Vinpocetine and their hydrolysis products. Elsevier Journal 2005; 60(5):425-438.