Volume : 09, Issue : 10, October – 2022
53.METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF SITAGLIPTIN AND SIMVASTATINE IN TABLET DOSAGE FORM BY RP-HPLC
Kuya Mani Kumar, Dr. Sai Kiran
A simple and selective LC method is described for the determination of Sitagliptin and Simvastatin in tablet dosage forms. Chromatographic separation was achieved on a c18 column using mobile phase consisting of a mixture of 80 volumes of methanol and 20 volumes of water with detection of 241 nm. Linearity was observed in the range 60-140µg /ml for Sitagliptin (r2 =0.997) and 61-155µg /ml for Simvastatin (r2 =0.997) for the amount of drugs estimated by the proposed methods was in good agreement with the label claim. From the above experimental results and parameters, it was concluded that, this newly developed method for the simultaneous estimation Sitagliptin and Simvastatin was found to be simple, precise, accurate and high resolution and shorter retention time makes this method more acceptable and cost effective and it can be effectively applied for routine analysis in research institutions, quality control department in meant in industries, approved testing laboratories studies in near future.
Keywords: Sitagliptin, Simvastatin, RP‐HPLC, Simultaneous estimation.
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Sai Kiran et al, Method Development And Validation Of Sitagliptin And Simvastatine In Tablet Dosage Form By Rp-Hplc ., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2022; 09(10).
1. FDA Approved Drug Products: JANUVIA (sitagliptin) tablets, for oral use
2. Herman GA, Bergman A, Liu F, Stevens C, Wang AQ, Zeng W, Chen L, Snyder K, Hilliard D, Tanen M, Tanaka W, Meehan AG, Lasseter K, Dilzer S, Blum R, Wagner JA: Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effects of the oral DPP-4 inhibitor sitagliptin in middle-aged obese subjects. J Clin Pharmacol. 2006 Aug;46(8):876-86. (PubMed ID 16855072)
3. Herman GA, Bergman A, Liu F, Stevens C, Wang AQ, Zeng W, Chen L, Snyder K, Hilliard D, Tanen M, Tanaka W, Meehan AG, Lasseter K, Dilzer S, Blum R, Wagner JA: Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effects of the oral DPP-4 inhibitor sitagliptin in middle-aged obese subjects. J Clin Pharmacol. 2006 Aug;46(8):876-86. (PubMed ID 16855072)
4. Richter B, Bandeira-Echtler E, Bergerhoff K, Lerch C: Emerging role of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors in the management of type 2 diabetes. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008;4(4):753-68. (PubMed ID 19065993)
5. Herman GA, Stevens C, Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of sitagliptin, an inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase IV, in healthy subjects: results from two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies with single oral doses. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Dec;78(6):675-88. (PubMed ID 16338283)
6. Anderson TJ, Gregoire J, Pearson GJ, Barry AR, Couture P, Dawes M, Francis GA, Genest J Jr, Grover S, Gupta M, Hegele RA, Lau DC, Leiter LA, Lonn E, Mancini GB, McPherson R, Ngui D, Poirier P, Sievenpiper JL, Stone JA, Thanassoulis G, Ward R: 2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in the Adult. Can J Cardiol. 2016 Nov;32(11):1263-1282. doi: 10.1016/j.cjca.2016.07.510. Epub 2016 Jul 25. (PubMed ID 27712954)
7. Grundy SM, Stone NJ: 2018 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Multisociety Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol: Primary Prevention. JAMA Cardiol. 2019 Apr 10. pii: 2730287. doi: 10.1001/jamacardio.2019.0777. (PubMed ID 30969322)
8. Moghadasian MH: Clinical pharmacology of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitors. Life Sci. 1999;65(13):1329-37. doi: 10.1016/s0024-3205(99)00199-x. (PubMed ID 10503952)
9. Sharma BP, Kourav N, Attar A. Development and Validated UV Spectrophotometric and RP-HPLC methods for the estimation of simvastatin and ezetimibe in combined pharmaceutical dosage form. Cur Trends Tech Sci. 2010;1:135–42. [Google Scholar]
10. Chaudhari BG, Patel NM, Shah PB. Stability-indicating reversed-phase liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of simvastatin and ezetimibe from their combination drug products. J AOAC Int. 2007;90:1242–9. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
11. Rahman M, Parveen G, Nyola NK, Khan S, Sushma TM, Shahar I, et al. Simultaneous estimation of simvastatin and ezetimibe in pharmaceutical tablet dosage forms by RP-HPLC: A Review. Int J Pharm Res Dev. 2010;2:56–62. [Google Scholar]
12. Rathinaraj S, Rajamanickam, Mazarin J, Fiedlis P, AshikElahi AL, Rajveer CH, et al. Development and validation of analytical methods for simultaneous estimation of simvastatin and ezetimibe in combined dosage form. J Adv Pharm Res. 2010;1:133–9. [Google Scholar]
13. Anantha Kumar D, Sujan DP, Vijayasree V, Rao SJ. Simultaneous determination of simvastatin and ezetimibe in tablets by HPLC. Eur J Chem. 2009;6:541–4. [Google Scholar]