Volume : 10, Issue : 01, January – 2023
05.HIGH PERFORMANCE THIN LAYER CHROMATOGRAPHY ANALYSIS OF EUPHORBIA HIRTA LINN
Faizan Khan*, Abhishek Kumar Sen, Dr. Kavita R. Loksh, Dr. Anup K. Chakraborty,Dr. Sarita Karole
Euphorbia hirta Linn is a medicinal plant belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae. It is widely used in traditional medicine to treat various ailments such as fever, headache, and stomach pain. The plant is rich in phytochemicals such as flavonoids, tannins, saponins, alkaloids, and phenolic compounds. High-performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC) is a powerful technique that can be used to analyze the phytochemical constituents of plant extracts. HPTLC is a simple, rapid, and cost-effective method for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of phytochemicals. In this study, HPTLC was used to analyze the flavonoids (Quercetin) in Euphorbia hirta Linn These results are in agreement with previous studies which have reported the presence of these phytochemicals in Euphorbia hirta Linn. HPTLC is a useful tool for the rapid and accurate analysis of the phytochemical constituents of medicinal plants. The results of the TLC and HPTLC analysis of Euphorbia hirta suggest the presence of bioactive components such as flavonoids (Quercetin). However, the exact composition of these components is still unknown. Further studies are needed to identify the exact composition and quantify the amounts of these bioactive components present in the plant.
Key words: Quercetin, TLC, HPTLC, Euphorbia hirta, Validation
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Faizan Khan et al,High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography Analysis Of Euphorbia Hirta Linn.,Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2023; 10(01).
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Chaturvedi, P., Mishra, V., Singh, A., & Pasha, S. (2017). Quantification of quercetin in Euphorbia hirta Linn. by HPTLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 8(11), 4259-4265. Singh, A., Mishra, V., Chaturvedi, P., & Pasha, S. (2016).
2. Stability of quercetin in the extracts of Euphorbia hirta Linn. by HPTLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 7(6), 2445-2452.
3. Mukherjee PK. Quality Control of Herbal Drugs, 2nd Edition, Business Horizons, 2007; 2-14.
4. Kokate CK. Ed. Practical Pharmacognosy, 4thEdn., Vallabh Prakashan: 1994; 112:120.
5. The Unani pharmacopeia of India. 2007–2010. Department of AYUSH, Ministry of health and family welfare, Government of India.
6. Patel AA, Amin AA, Patwari AH, Shah MB. Validated high performance thin layer chromatography method for simultaneous determination of quercetin and gallic acid in Leea indica. RevBras Farmacognosia. 2017;27(1):50-3.