Volume : 10, Issue : 01, January – 2023
17.COMPARATIVE PHYTOCHEMICAL SCREENING AND IN VITRO ANTI-OXIDANT ACTIVITY OF MEDICINAL PLANTS
Shankar Lal Kushwaha, Dr. Vivekanand Katare*, Ms. Nisha Kalme, Dr. Prabhat Kumar JainAbdul Mobeen, Dr. Vivekanand Katare*, Mr. Shivam Nema, Mr. Prabhat Kumar Jain
Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. (Nymphaeaceae) also known as sacred lotus is a large aquatic herb with stout, creeping rhizome found throughout India. Nelumbo nucifera is a native of China, Japan and possibly India. Nelumbo nucifera is reported to posses’ antidiarrhoeal, psychopharmacological, diuretic, antipyretic, antimicrobial, hypoglycemic properties. Mangoes (Mangifera indica) belong to genus Mangifera and family Anacardiaceae. Mango possesses anti-diabetic, antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory properties. Various effects like antibacterial, anti-fungal, anthelmintic, anti- parasitic, anticancer, anti HIV, anti bone resorption, antispasmodic, antipyretic, antidiarrheal, immunomodulation, hypolipidemic, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, gastro protective have also been studied by different scholars and scientists. This paper evaluates the comparative study of Magnifera indica and Nelumbo nucifera plant extract. The yields were found to be (6.34% w/w & 7.69 % w/w) of hydroalcoholic extract Nelumbo nucifera & Mangifera indica leaves respectively. The results of phytochemical revels that the all polar and Methanolic and aqueous soluble compound was found to be present in Nelumbo nucifea extract. Antioxidant activity of the samples was calculated through DPPH assay. % inhibition was calculated as an indicative of antioxidant potency. The higher the % inhibition the better the activity.
Key Words: Herbal Plants, Magnifera indica, Nelumbo nucifera, anti-oxidants, Hydroalcoholic
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Vivekanand Katare et al, Comparative Phytochemical Screening And In Vitro Anti-Oxidant Activity Of Medicinal Plants.., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2023; 10(01)./p>
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Ganjhu RK, Mudgal PP, Maity H, Dowarha D, Devadiga S, Nag S, Arunkumar G. Herbal plants and plant preparations as remedial approach for viral diseases. Virusdisease. 2015 Dec;26(4):225-36.
2. Shah KA, Patel MB, Patel RJ, Parmar PK. Mangifera indica (mango). Pharmacognosy reviews. 2010 Jan;4(7):42.
3. Chopra, R.N., Chopra, I.C and Handa, K.L “Indigenous drugs of India” U.N. Dhur and sons Pvt Ltd Calcutta, 2nd Edn., 679, (1958).
4. V. Bauer, R. Sotnikova, J. Machova, S. Matyas, V. Pucovsky and M. Stefek, Life Sci., 1999, 65.
5. G. U. Bae, D. W. Seo, H. K. Kwon, H. Y. Lee, S. Hong, Z. W. Lee, K. S. Ha, H. W. Lee and J. W. Han, J. Biol. Chem., 1999, 274.