Volume : 10, Issue : 01, January – 2023
22.FORMULATION, DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF FAST DISSOLVING ORAL FILM OF AMLODIPINE
Aaditya Kumar Upadhyay, Dr. Vivekanand Katare*, Ms. Sadhna Mangrole, Dr. Prabhat Kumar Jain
Fast dissolving films are a new arising oral dosage forms used by patient’s world widely. These dosage forms can be used even in acute condition for getting instant relief. Fast dissolving films have gained vast attention on the market because of its various advantages along with an extended shelf life of 2-3 years. Amlodipine is commonly used in the treatment of high blood pressure and angina. Amlodipine has antioxidant properties and an ability to enhance the production of nitric oxide (NO), an important vasodilator that decreases blood pressure. The option for single daily dosing of amlodipine is an attractive feature of this drug. Amlodipine is used alone or together with other medicines to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). The aim of this study is to formulation, development & evaluation of fast dissolving oral film of Amlodipine. The film was formulated and tested for all parameters. The results showed that the formulated film was white in colour with no odour & bitter taste. It was freely soluble In methanol & chloroform, soluble in ethanol & phosphate buffers. Slightly soluble in 0.1 N HCL & 0.1 N NaOH The melting points of Amlodipine range were found to be 198-199°C. The pH of Amlodipine was found to be 6.64. The thickness & weight variation was found to be 0.161±0.05 & 23.27±0.05respectively. The folding endurance of film was more than 100. The disintegrating time was 5±0.2 sec. The % moisture content was 0.118. From the results it can be concluded that the formulated oral film have all ideal characteristics.
Keywords: Fast dissolving, oral film, Amlodipine, Blood pressure.
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Vivekanand Katare et al, Formulation, Development And Evaluation Of Fast Dissolving Oral Film Of Amlodipine.., Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2023; 10(01)./p>
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Pather SI, Khankari R, Siebert J. Quick-Dissolving Intraoral Tablets. Drugs and Pharmaceutical sciences, vol. 145, Drug delivery to oral cavity- Molecules to market, p. 291-309.
2. Mahajan A, Chhabra N, Aggarwal G. Formulation and Characterization of Fast Dissolving Buccal Films: A Review. Scholars Research Library, Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011; 3(1):152-65.
3. Sharma K, Ghosh TK, Pfister WR. Quick-Dispersing Oral Drug Delivery Systems. Drugs and Pharmaceutical sciences, vol. 145, Drug delivery to oral cavity- Molecules to market, p. 261-87.
4. Patel R. Design of a Novel Rapidly Dissolving Wafer System for Oromucosal Drug Delivery. September 2003; 21-5.
5. Murdoch D, Heel RC. Amlodipine. Drugs. 1991 Mar;41(3):478-505.
6. Shelke PV, Dumbare AS, Gadhave MV, Jadhav SL, Sonawane AA, Gaikwad DD. Formulation and evaluation of rapidly dis integrating film of amlodipine bes ylate. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2012 Mar 13;2(2).
7. Maheswari KM, Devineni PK, Deekonda S, Shaik S, Uppala NP, Nalluri BN. Development and evaluation of mouth dissolving films of amlodipine besylate for enhanced therapeutic efficacy. Journal of pharmaceutics. 2014;2014.
8. Sabar MH. Formulation and in-vitro evaluation of fast dissolving film containing amlodipine besylate solid dispersion. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2013;5(4):419-28.