Volume : 10, Issue : 03, March – 2023
06.POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS AND HEPATOPROTECTIVE ACTIVITY IN CITRUS LIMETTA IN RODENTS
Prof. Purnima Tiwari*, Prof. Sarika Chaturvedi**, Prof. Ponam Yadav***
Hepatoprotective agents are those compounds, which mitigate the liver injury caused by hepatotoxic agents. Hepatoprotective effect of plant drug & herbal formulation are studied against chemicals & drug induced hepatotoxicity in rat & mice as they virtually miniric any form of naturally occurring liver diseaseLiver disorders are considered as one among the most serious ailments. They are mainly caused by toxic chemicals ( carbon tetrachloride), drugs (thiacetamide, paracetamol, antivirals, antibiotics). The outcome of the result of Methanol extract of Citrus limetta on CCl4 induced hepatotoxicity in rats. The effect of administration of CCl4 to rats caused severe liver damages as there was a significance increase in the levels of SGPT,SGOT,ALP,ACP,LDH, total bilirubin where as s significant decrease in the level of total protein was observed which may be due to the acute hepatocellular damage and biliary obstruction.The present results provide strong evidence that the formulation inhibits hepatotoxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride. Pharmacological studies of Citrus limetta plant are at the preliminary level requiring further stidies to delineate the mechanisms of actions. Literature review revealed that Citrus limetta possesses all activities of citrus have also been reported. There are indication that this plant also possesses Hepatoprotective Activity but till date there is no scientific evidence in support of this. Hepatoprotective is not reported till date. So it has been thought worthwhile to study Hepatoprotective of Citrus limetta. Hepatoprotective agents is underway, the world health organization has recommended the development of herbal medicine in this concern. Although alternative treatment are increase being to alleviate effective disorder, the evidence to recommend the use of herbal medicine in the treatment of hepatoprotective, because herbal medicine are widely used and often by the general public, more clinical safety and efficacy.
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press Purnima Tiwariet al,Potential Applications And Hepatoprotective Activity In Citrus Limetta In Rodents.,Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2023; 10(03).
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Anwer, F., Srivastava, R.M., Khare, M.P., 1968 . Studies in medicinal plants.Protoberberine alkaloids from the roots of Cissampelos pareira Linn. Experintia. 15, 999.
2. Bhatnagar, A.K., Popli, S.P., 1967.Chemical examination of the roots of Cissampelos pareira Linn. V. Structure and stereochemistry of hayatidin. Cellular and Molecular life Science 23, 242-243.
3. Bhatnagar, S. S., Santapau. H. Desa, J.D.H., Maniar, A.C., Ghadially, N.C., Solomon, M.J., Yellore, S. Rao., T.N.S.,1961. Biological activity of Indian Medicinal Plant, part I: anti bacterial, and-bacterial, anti-tubercular and anti-fungal activity, Indian journal of Medical Reasearch 49, 799-813.
4. Bhattacharya, S., Saha, P., Gupta, M.,2011. Exploration of anti-inflammatory potential of Citrus limetta risso and citrus maxima, Pharmacologyonline 1, 702-709.
5. Gulati,R.K., Agarwal,S., Agarwal,S.S., 1995. Hepatoprotective studies on Phylanthus emblica Linn. And quercetin. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 33,261-268.
6. Guntupalli, M., Mohan Rao., Ch. V. Rao, P.Pushpangdan. (2005), Hepatoprotective effect of rubiadin, a major constituent of Rubiacordifolia Linn. J. EthanophamacologyPP-1-7.
7. Guyton A.C., Hall, J.E.,(1995). “Text Book of Medical physiology” 3rd edition, Elsevier, New Delhi, PP-134-152.
8. Handa,S.S., Sharma,A., 1990. Hepatoprotective activity of andrographolide from Andrographis paniculata against CCl4. Indian Journal of Medical Research 92, 276-283.
9. Handa,S.S., Sharma,A., Chakraborty,K.K.,1989. Natural products and plants as liver protecting drugs. Fitoterapia 57,307.
10. Huang,K.C.,1993.The pharmacology of Chinese Herbs. CRC Press, Boka Raton,Fl.PP-388.
11. Irfan Alikhan., Atiya Khanum., 2005. Herbal medicines for Diseases, Ukaaz publications India. I, 289-290.
12. Kosover,E.M., Kosover,N.S., 1976. Glutathione metabolism and function, Raven Press, New York,pp 139.