Volume : 10, Issue : 11, November – 2023
A REVIEW ON ANIMAL MODELS INNEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES
P.Seeta*, J.N.Suresh Kumar ,B.Inthiyaz Begam,D.Krishnarao ,D.Chaitanya Lahari , J.Pallavi and P.Krishna Sri Priya
Neurodegenerative diseases are among the leading cause of non-fatal disease burden in India. One in seven Indians was affected by neurodegenerative diseases. Although neurodegenerative agents is used for the management of neurodegenerative diseases like anxiety, psychosis, depression and mania it may side effects such as tardative dyskinesia, weight gain, weight loss, muscle cramps, dysphoria, gastrointestinal upset, eye problems or problems with blood tests. In this present review we made an exposure regarding many screening methods on evaluation of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease (AD), Parkinson’s disease (PD), Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, and Friedreich’s ataxia, in the aspects of preclinical studies. These methods are very useful to evaluate the neurodegenerative agents like anti- Alzheimer’s agents, anti- Parkinson’s agents.
Keywords: neurodegenerative diseases, preclinical studies, anti- Alzheimer’s agents, anti- Parkinson’s agents
Cite This Article:
Please cite this article in press P.Seetaet al, A Review On Animal Models In Neurodegenerative Diseases, Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2023; 10 (11).
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Stavinoha and Vattem et.al, Potential neuroprotective effects of cinnamon, International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products, Volume- 8, Issue-3, Page no: 24.
2. Zeenath Banu et.al, Phytochemical Evaluation and Pharmacological Screening of Antiparkinson’s Activity of Allium Sativum In Swiss/Albino Mice, IOSR Journal Of Pharmacy, Volume -6, Issue -6 , 2016, Page no: 1.
3. William Dauer et.al, Parkinson’s Disease: Review Mechanisms and Models, Neuron, Volume- 39, 2003, Page no: 891.
4. Suresh Rewar, A systematic review on Parkinson’s disease (PD), Indian Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biotechnology, Volume-3, Issue-2, 2015, Page no: 176-178.
5. Mondal et.al, A review on duopa–a new antiparkinsonian combination as enteral suspension, Journal of Critical Reviews, Volume- 3, Issue- 2, 2016, Page no: 2.
6. Igor O. Korolev, Alzheimer’s disease: A Clinical and Basic Science Review, Medical Student Research Journal, volume -04, 2014, Page no: 24.
7. Cognitive neurology and Alzheimer’s disease center (CNADC) of the north western university Feinberg School of medicine.
8. Alistair Burns et.al, Alzheimer’s disease,BMJ, 2009, Volume -338, Page no: 467, 468.
10. Stages of Alzheimer’s disease Fact Sheet, Alzheimer’s Association, 2004, Page no: 1, 2.
12. Basics of alzheimer’s disease, Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center, a service of the National Institute on Aging, Page no: 7.
13. Karishma SK et.al, A Short Review on Alzheimer’s Diseases, Ijppr.Human Journals Volume-10, Issue-3, 2017, Page no: 265,266.
14. Essentials of Medical pharmacology by K.D. TripathiK. Edition 7//Section 7//page no:425
15. Bexar Przyborski S. Parkinson’s disease ; animal models and dopaminergic cell vulnerability, frontiers in neuroanatomy.2014Dec 15:8:155
16. Duty S, Jenner P. Animal models of Parkinson’s disease; a source of novel treatments and close to the cause of the disease, British journal pf pharmacology. 2011Oct 1:164(4);1357-91
17. Dr.NishantS.Jain//unit-II- preclinical screening models for CNS//Chapter-8-Anti-Alzheimer’s//8.4 in vivo models//page no:70-77